Published on December 7, 2022
3 Showstopping Festive Cocktail Recipes
Let’s put a festive twist on the classic.
With Christmas approaching and the partying season upon us, it is time to get creative with your venue’s servings. New and exciting themed cocktails are a great way to entice new customers and get the locals to try something new.
December is Eggnog month and what better way to celebrate than with spicing up the traditional British recipe and trying the Puerto Rican method. A coquito, or ‘Little Coconut’ is very similar to Eggnog with a coconut twist.
- 100g raisins
- 1 1/2 cups Myer’s Dark Rum
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 can coconut milk
- 115ml evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons shredded coconut, optional
- In a large pitcher with a lid, add raisins, dark rum and cinnamon sticks. Let sit for 1 hour.
- In a blender, puree all the other ingredients. Pour into the bottle and shake well to combine with rum/raisins mixture.
- Chill for at least 4 hours and store in airtight container in refrigerator for up a month.
- You have to shake vigorously before pouring.
Sloe Gin FIzz
Instead of the regular Gin Fizz, mix it up with the use of sloe gin instead. Prunus spinosa, or sloe, taste similar to damsons with a plummy taste to give a warm flavour. Perfect for the holidays!
- 50ml Chase Oak Cask Aged Sloe gin
- 25ml Supasawa
- 2tsp Giffard Gomme Syrup
- Sparkling water
- Lemon and Blackberries, to garnish
- Pour sloe gin, lemon juice and sugar syrup into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice cubes.
- Shake well until outside of the shaker is cold.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and strain the liquid over the top.
- Top up with sparkling water and stir gently.
- Garnish with a lemon slice and some blackberries.
Take the martini and turn it into a Christmas dream come true. This creamy cocktail is perfect for cold nights and festive celebrations.
- 75ml Mozart White Chocolate Liqueur
- 50ml Portobello Vanilla Vodka
- 2tbsp heavy cream
- Lemon and white sanding sugar/desiccated coconut, to garnish
- Using a lemon wedge, wet the rim of a martini glass.
- Dip in sanding sugar or desiccated coconut until rim is coated.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine white chocolate liqueur with vanilla vodka and heavy cream.
- Fill shaker with ice and shake well.
- Strain mixture into prepared glass and serve.
Share this article
About the author
Chloe looks after all copywriting and proof-reading for Drink Warehouse UK, working with the Marketing team to deliver educational content to all our customers. She has spent many years in the hospitality sector, moving from behind the bar to now helping venues to stock their own. You can find more from Chloe about beer, cider, spirits, wine, non-alcoholic, soft drinks and RTDs all over our blogs, website, social media and Set The Bar magazine.