Published on August 15, 2022
What are we doing and planning for our sustainable future?
Here at DWUK, we are passionate about the environment, and we want to do everything we can to limit the impact our operations have on local and global communities. With a goal to be carbon neutral by 2030, DWUK have already begun putting measures in place to make this a reality:
– Drink Warehouse UK is Planet Mark Certified alongside brands such as the Eden Project and McLaren
– Motion activated lighting sensors avoid any wasted energy
– Water recycling system installed on site
– On-site waste recycling to minimize our environmental impact
– Recyclable drink menu options
– Plans in place to provide a 100% paperless service
– On-site GREEN TEAM to oversee developments and promote sustainable projects
– The business has high efficiency, low energy lights installed
These are just a few of the measures we have already or are planning to introduce. However, we do not plan on stopping there. We plan to lead the way throughout the drink industry and guide our ever-expanding client base towards a more sustainable and brighter future.
Planet Mark differs from other sustainability certifications by offering a unique and simple three-step process that supports members achieve their sustainability goals. These three-steps go beyond measurement of your carbon footprint; they help you to engage your entire business, as well as communicate your sustainability strategy more broadly.
They are committed to driving change at scale. On average, Planet Mark certified businesses make a 24% cut in absolute carbon emissions per year, 17% carbon saving per employee per year through reductions in energy, waste, water, travel and procurement. 98% of our members achieve their targets in order to renew their certification year-on-year.
Share this article
About the author
Chloe looks after all copywriting and proof-reading for Drink Warehouse UK, working with the Marketing team to deliver educational content to all our customers. She has spent many years in the hospitality sector, moving from behind the bar to now helping venues to stock their own. You can find more from Chloe about beer, cider, spirits, wine, non-alcoholic, soft drinks and RTDs all over our blogs, website, social media and Set The Bar magazine.