Published on January 16, 2023
Time to getting juicy.
Founded in 2012 by Managing Director, Paul Bendit, Folkington’s has been developing premium and innovative soft drinks for nearly 12 years.
Folkington’s use just a handful of ingredients, but of the highest quality and of distinct varieties that ensures consistency within all juices. With no additives such as flavourings, colours and stabilisers, they cut out all unnecessary chemicals and add Vitamin C as an anti-oxidant or citric acid to add acidity. Drinks stay fresh from the vacuum seal and gentle pasteurisation process and you don’t get any of those nasty preservatives in your drink. All drinks are gluten free and vegan making Folkington’s a great choice for your venue.
Folkington’s source all their ingredients sustainable by returning to the same farms and farming communities each year which contributes to their long term sustainable income, also ensuring Folkington’s unique drinks are consistent in quality and taste. 97% of the ingredients are sourced sustainably and have done so since the first bottle. By using the same varieties and growers, the juices can vary from year to year, like wine. It all depends on the climate and other things such as storms and draughts, particularly Britain where the summers can vary so much, you can expect some variation in the sweetness and acidity in the fruit.
Folkington’s invest in many projects that offset the impact of all emissions including reforestation of degraded agricultural and cattle grazing land in Uruguay, and a Blue Carbon project restoring 22 waterways and mangroves in the Cambodian tropical rainforest. Neutralising the impact their business has on the climate as they continue their commitment to further reduce our CO2 emissions by keeping food miles down and using smarter logistics.
Other ways Folkington’s have successfully become carbon neutral:
Keeping food miles down by sourcing as many fruits as possible from British farmers and neighbouring European countries.
- 100% of packaging is recyclable.
- 76% of remaining plastic transit packaging is now made from 30% recycled plastic
- 31% reduction in plastic transit packaging in favour of cardboard
- Since 2019, Folkington’s have picked 341 tonnes of apples that would never make it to the supermarket shelf. Instead of decomposing and making 530 tonnes of greenhouse gases, Folkington’s use these in their delicious Cloudy Apple Juice. Nothing wrong with wonky veg!
- They source their ingredients sustainable by returning to the same farms and farming communities each year which contributes to their long term sustainable income, also ensuring Folkington’s unique drinks are consistent in quality and taste. 97% of the ingredients are sourced sustainably and have done so since the first bottle.
Share this article
About the author
Chloe looks after all copywriting and proof-reading for Drink Warehouse UK, working with the Marketing team to deliver educational content to all our customers. She has spent many years in the hospitality sector, moving from behind the bar to now helping venues to stock their own. You can find more from Chloe about beer, cider, spirits, wine, non-alcoholic, soft drinks and RTDs all over our blogs, website, social media and Set The Bar magazine.